Are you our new Product Owner for our future maritime solutions including both hardware and software?
We are on a mission!
EMRI is following a multi-year investment plan, funded by our mother company Furuno. We are doubling the number of employees and building a completely new maritime product portfolio designed for autonomous ships.
At the same time we are turning the company upside down and reinventing everything, from our offices, IT systems, to the way we develop new products.
It is an opportunity of a lifetime to really make a difference. Both in shaping a new organization, but also in participating in creating some exciting new products that will literally steer the maritime industry and contribute to reducing the energy consumption in maritime transportation.
The Product Development Team
While you will report to our COO, you will be working with a product development team that holds a broad range of engineering skills, ranging from wiring and hands-on installations, hardware design to software systems design and writing applications.
Although far from being an Agile workshop, we are slowly starting to apply these principles in the form of Kanban boards in Jira and daily stand-up meetings.
The team is characterized mainly by specialists, and with deep knowledge in the domain of ship control, but we are expanding rapidly with more generalists.
What you will be doing
- Mapping market needs based on interviews, competitor, and market research.
- Form hypotheses and assumption that R&D can use to build from.
- Prioritize short term and long-term activities and what to expand, what to cut.
- Scoping any new functionality through Epics, User stories and clear accept criteria.
- Communicating goals, progress, and achievement to your team, the organization, and external contributors.
- Define Roadmaps and communicate the strategy and vision to relevant parties.
- Challenging people’s beliefs and paradigms of people based on new knowledge or correlation of information.
- Changing your decisions based on new intel and getting teams to understand the reasoning.
- Linking decisions to business rationale, no matter the technical character of the decision.
- Digging information from multiple sources and patching it together to form a decision fundament.
- Talking with stakeholders that are much more knowledgeable and with a far broader domain knowledge than you may ever reach.
- That things get more technical than you may comprehend, but that you understand enough to suggest.
- Unfolding and supporting the best argument, no matter where it comes from.
- Understanding and appreciate legacy knowledge, as this is valuable info for innovating.
You are not comfortable with
- Having a firm hierarchy where responsibilities are well defined.
- Processes that are set in stone.
- Settling for a solution before the problem is fully understood.
- Pleasing individuals based on rank, seniority, domain knowledge.
- Making decisions, just to prove progress.
- Previous experience as Product Manager or Product Owner within a tech organization.
- Have an analytical approach to solving problems, combined with a large degree of pragmatism.
- Know how to translate customer and market needs into clear product requirements.
- A skilled communicator that can keep stakeholders informed about upcoming improvements and how they fit into the overall product strategy.
If you have questions or want to know more about the position, please contact COO, Morten Novak Bro on +45 2964 7727.
If this job sounds appealing to you, please send your resume and cover letter already today – we will conduct interviews on an ongoing basis.
EMRI has been developing intelligent steering systems for deep sea ships for 50 years. Our systems control everything from the largest cruise liners to the most exclusive mega-yachts. In 2020 we were bought by the Japanese company Furuno who has designated us as their global competence center for maritime steering systems. We are a Danish company head quartered in the Copenhagen area. We also have a small R&D office in Aalborg.