We are expanding our maritime retrofit and service business. Would you like to be our new Service Controller for this business?
We need someone to organize, plan and manage all the practical tasks that enables our Service Engineers to excel at their job - and ultimately to make sure that our customers get a world class experience, when they have a problem.
We are on a mission!
EMRI has just received approval from our mother company Furuno for a four-year investment plan. It will require us to almost double the number of employees and build a completely new maritime product portfolio designed for autonomous ships.
There is a catch, though. Take a look at our website www.emri.dk. It looks like it was developed in the 1990’s. Or drive past our current offices at Marielundvej 37 in Herlev. It is literally ready to be demolished (I kid you not – it will be torn down in a couple of years to make room for a new housing area).
That shows the other side of the coin. We will need to completely reinvent the company and everything we do.
It is an opportunity of a lifetime to really make a difference. Both in shaping a new organization, but also in participating in creating some exciting new products that will literally steer the maritime industry and contribute to reducing the energy consumption in maritime transportation.
Your overall role will be to develop and run the service controller function for our new customer projects and service department.
In the development phase you will get assistance from our newly recruited Process Consultant and Chief Accountant. You will not be alone. But you should see it as an exciting challenge to help define the processes and tools that will enable the new function to deliver on its promise.
Development tasks include:
- Help define the necessary processes for customer projects and service.
- Develop service controller tools in our ERP system.
- Implementing additional software tools to support the service controller function.
EMRI Customer Projects and Service is a new offering to our customers. We expect that you will :
- Promote EMRI services and capture new customers.
- Promote preventive maintenance plans and Retrofits for obsolete equipment with our existing customers.
- Provide first line customer support and trouble shooting with help from the Service and Development teams.
- Provide status and overview on ongoing cases to internal stakeholders.
- Act as a gatekeeper for our customers.
- Organize service onboard ships worldwide using both trusted local partners and EMRI service engineers.
- Provide spare parts quotes to customers.
- Provide service quotes to customers.
- Close cases and invoice customers.
- Monitor the service email account and make sure we respond to customer emails in a timely manner.
We expect that you:
- Are self-sustaining with drive and initiative.
- Enjoy an environment that requires you to handle many different tasks at the same time.
- Have a basic technical understanding, which allows you to understand the issues that customer present with at an overall level.
- Speak and write fluent English.
It will be a plus if you have:
- Experience from a service controller job in the maritime sector.
- Experience with Business Central / Navision.
If you have questions or want to know more about the position, please contact Customer Projects & Service Manager, Walther Bo Rasmussen on +45 2041 6762.
If this job sounds appealing to you, please send your resume and cover letter already today – we will conduct interviews on an ongoing basis.
EMRI has been developing intelligent steering systems for deep sea ships for 50 years. Our systems control everything from the largest cruise liners to the most exclusive mega-yachts. In 2020 we were bought by the Japanese company Furuno who has designated us as their global competence center for maritime steering systems. We are a Danish company head quartered in the Copenhagen area. We also have a small R&D office in Aalborg.