Are you an experienced and innovative B2B marketing manager who can help us develop a truly professional marketing function from scratch for our new products as well as our retrofit business for legacy products.
We are on a mission!
EMRI has just received approval from our parent company Furuno for a four-year investment plan. It will require us to almost double the number of employees and build a completely new maritime product portfolio designed for autonomous ships.
There is a catch, though. Take a look at our website www.emri.dk. It looks like it was developed in the 1990’s. Or drive past our current offices at Marielundvej 37 in Herlev. It is literally ready to be demolished (I kid you not – it will be torn down in a couple of years to make room for a new housing area).
That shows the other side of the coin. We will need to completely reinvent the company and everything we do.
It is an opportunity of a lifetime to really make a difference. Both in shaping a new organization, but also in participating in creating some exciting new products that will literally steer the maritime industry and contribute to reducing the energy consumption in maritime transportation.
Over the next 2-4 years we will transition our organization from direct project sales to more standardized product sales through our parent company's global distribution network.
As we grow into our new business model, your role will be to build a professional marketing function, which will be able to both support our legacy business and help guide the development of our future business.
You will quickly realize that we are starting from scratch, so you will need to be both resourceful and innovative in your approach.
Your key responsibilities:
- Develop marketing exploitation tactics for legacy products.
- Develop marketing strategy for new product portfolio.
- Develop digital and print marketing material for EMRI and our products.
- Develop and maintain our digital presence - in particular our website and linkedIn profile.
- Organize and manage our trade show activities.
- Plan and manage marketing activities within budgetary guidelines and deadlines.
- Generate and organize business leads.
- Work with partners and our parent company Furuno to develop joint marketing/partnering activities.
- Develop market insight and competitor intelligence to track industry trends and identify opportunities to differentiate future EMRI products.
- Facilitate internal dialogue regarding product strategy and roadmap based on our overall business strategy, the competitive landscape and the product strategy of our parent company.
Traveling 10-30 days per year should be expected.
You will be a member of the management group and report to our COO Morten Novak Bro.
We expect that you have a masters degree in a commercial field and at least 3 years of experience in a global B2B marketing role, or a combination of marketing and sales.
In addition, we also expect:
- Experience with business and competitor analysis and intelligence.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to translate numbers into actions.
- Ability to build relationships and have an impact at all levels and regions/cultures – both within EMRI, with our Japanese parent company, as well as with our external partners.
- You are a team player that believes in the power of collaborative work and interacts with coworkers in a collegial and respectful manner.
- You contribute to a positive work environment.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
It is a plus, if you have:
- Experience from the maritime industry
- Spanned both project and product marketing
- Experience with building a marketing function from scratch, eg. from a start-up company
If you have questions or want to know more about the position, please contact COO, Morten Novak Bro on +45 2964 7727.
If this job sounds appealing to you, please send your resume and cover letter already today – we will conduct interviews on an ongoing basis.
EMRI has been developing intelligent steering systems for deep sea ships for 50 years. Our systems control everything from the largest cruise liners to the most exclusive mega-yachts. In 2020 we were bought by the Japanese company Furuno who has designated us as their global competence center for maritime steering systems. We are a Danish company head quartered in the Copenhagen area. We also have a small R&D office in Aalborg.